Thursday 2 February 2012

Noise Rant!

I need to have a bit of a rant today, either that - or pull out all of my hair and jump off the nearest cliff...

Why is this I hear you ask? Well - I hate noise! Not noise as in loud, well actually yeah loud noise...but even quiet noises irritate me. Examples, I hate whistling, constant beeping, I hate the TV too loud, flies, the sound of people biting their nails - or picking toe nails!, polystyrene, one of the worst has to be the sound of a fork scraping a plate..or worse still - the sound of a fork hitting someone's teeth!! 

So, why am I talking about this today? Well, as I said yesterday it's Balinese holiday and I was really looking forward to a couple of chilled out days, reading lay out by the pool - but it seems that noisy things had better ideas! 

First of all, the gardener - using a petrol strimmer to cut the grass of the whole resort! The resort is pretty big, it lasted for about 3 hours..

But at least this drowned out the sound of the loudest child I have ever heard in my life!! Don't get me wrong, I understand people are on their holidays and kids make noise etc, but I draw the line at CONSTANT screaming for the WHOLE day (he's still at it now), the parents must be deaf, that's the only explanation I can think of! There is no double glazing here, although, I don't think that would even work..this kid is louder than a jumbo jet....actually, I think I would have been able to relax more if I had of lay on the runway at Denpesar airport today! 

Gemma xx

No comments:

Post a Comment